Hi guys. Wow puppy training is hard work. Why didn’t any of you tell me???? How rude. JK I am so in love with this little guy. How did I ever live without him?
Ok so I had a lot of fun making this recipe. PB & J was a staple for me growing up, and I am so happy to have a healthier version of this in my life today. Look at how cute these little squares turned out. I just love them. I made the flatbread using ground chia and flaxseed…so beware. Limit your intake or else you’re going to have a fun time with the toilet. Also….who knew jam was so easy to make? Just throw some lemon juice, honey and chopped strawberries in a pot and cook on low medium heat…then mash. OMG I am going to make this all the time.
Paleofied PB and J
For Chia and Flaxseed Flatbread
- 2 tbs ground chia seeds
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/8 c hot water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 c ground flaxseed
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix chia, flax, 1/2 c water and mix.
- In a separate bowl mix honey and hot water and stir until dissolved
- add chia/flax mixture as well as eggs to the honey water
- sprinkle in baking soda and mix in
- let stand a few minutes in the bowl
- spread mixture on a greased cookie sheet (I used coconut oil as my grease)
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until batter is cooked all the way through and edges are browned.
- Cut into squares and use a spatula to scoop off baking sheet.
For the Strawberry Jam–
- 1/2 tbs raw honey
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- add all ingredients to a pot, stir and cook on medium/low heat until soft and then whisk together
- Let cool
For the Pb and J sandy-
Spread almond butter and jam on top of flatbread
serve open-faced and enjoy!