We are in a bit of a heat wave here in California and what could be more refreshing than homemade lavender lemonade…plus champagne if you’re feelin boozey!
My good friend Katie is an incredible florist, and she made this for me; we couldn’t get enough!
These are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- 1/4 cup dried lavender
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup of your choice of sweetener – agave, coconut sugar, honey, stevia
- 8 lemons
- 5 cups cold water
- champagne…(optional but highly recommended!)
And here are the easy peasy directions:
- Place ice cubes into a pitcher
- Place the lavender in glass bowl and pour boiling water over it
- Steep for 10 mins
- After 10 mins strain out lavender
- Mix the sugar into the hot lavender water
- Pour sugar/lavender water over ice
- Squeeze lemons into the pitcher
- Top off the pitcher with cold water
- You can always add more sugar, lemons, water to taste (I like to start out with as little sugar as possible and add if needed).
- If you’re adding champagne, you can do even less sugar and less cold water!
Cheers! Enjoy, friends!!